Psychological First Aid Instructor Recertification
The Canadian Red Cross will release the Psychological First Aid Instructor Recertification Nov 1, 2023. The deadline to complete this recertification Dec 31, 2023.
The 4-hour PFA Instructor recertification will be delivered VIRTUALLY on ZOOM on the following dates:
Nov 8, 2023 5:30-9:30pm MST
Nov 15, 2023 5:30-9:30pm MST
Cost is $145 plus GST Prerequisite: delivered 1 PFA course
Psychological First Aid Instructor
June 24-25: PFA Provider course (pre-requisite for Instructor)
July 1-2: PFA Instructor
Oct 14-15: PFA Instructor
COST (includes Instructor materials):
Instructor course only: $750.00
PFA provider + PFA Instructor: $875.00
Instructors who wish to deliver the Psychological First Aid classroom-based course.
Classroom: 14 hours for Instructor component
Certified Red Cross Psychological First Aid Instructor Trainer or Respect Education Master Instructor Trainer
• 18 years of age
• Fundamentals of Instruction (online and in-class)
• Psychological First Aid certification
Completion: Attend and participate in 100% of the course. A post-course, competency-based teaching experience with the support of a Teaching Experience Supervisor is required.
Psychological First Aid Instructor certificate is available for download upon successful completion of training and is valid for 3 years.
• Loss, stress, and grief and how they affect us
• Psychological First Aid
• How to facilitate problem-based/case study learning
• Selecting, planning and facilitating an activity
• Instructor Guide – Psychological First Aid
• Psychological First Aid Workbook (digital and/or print)
• Media Presentation
• Look, Listen, Link, Live cards
• Online instructional resources on Boulevard